Look slowly left to right, glance up and down, put your tongue between your teeth and hum, cross your hands and feet in a non dominant pattern, pull your ears (gently); what do all of these processes have in common? Each of these movements calms the brain by activating the vagus nerve, allowing the body to rest, digest, process, and heal. Come with us as we explore the body’s natural unwinding processes through massage, resonance, frequency, and one of our personal favorites, the Rezzimax Tuner Pro II.
Rise Bodywork and Massage Therapy focuses on unwinding and resetting stress and trauma patterns in the nervous system through massage, resonance, and other natural healing techniques. In this post, we would like to invite you to explore with us what we do and how we use the Tuner Pro II in our work. Let’s begin this journey with the body’s prime communicator, the nervous system.
All day, every day, the nervous system transports messages to and from the brain, heart, and body through electrical signals, or frequencies, created by neurons. This process allows the body to go through its daily tasks almost flawlessly.
But what happens when the nervous system gets too many signals going at once? Well, just like rush hour on the freeway, the nervous system’s signals start to slow down and some stop all together. At this point, the body goes into fight, flight, freeze, or fawn. Oftentimes, our nervous system has hit rush hour before breakfast and is working through input long after the body would like to be resting and digesting the day. This can contribute to tension in the body, migraines, mood swings, and more. Eventually, the body will adapt to the freeway clogs in the nervous system and learn how to survive the day to day without really thriving in life. This can manifest as chronic trauma, anxiety, depression, or even chronic pain or fatigue.
When we use variable vibration frequencies and other release techniques to aid in healing the human nervous system it allows for movement activation and sensation. By improving nerve function, and sending blood flow to the areas that are causing you pain or symptoms, you can finally repair broken pathways in your body that have been preventing you from truly healing. This is called unwinding the nervous system. And believe it or not, when the nervous system changes output, the body adapts, beginning to function in a calmer, healthier pattern.
The Rezzimax Tuner PRO combines resonance with progressive stress-management techniques to relieve chronic pain. It incorporates ancient Eastern Asian medicine principles for acupressure sites, meridians, chakras and gua sha fascia techniques with Western modern scientific frequencies. This device was specially designed to resonate certain frequencies within the body to balance and create a full circle connection from head to toe, from right to left, from nerves to organs throughout the entire body. It connects to and balances both sides of the brain simultaneously. The Rezzimax Tuner PRO stimulates the vagus nerve, a key player in the body's pain response system and fight/flight/freeze response. This can help improve blood flow, reduce inflammation, and promote relaxation, all of which can contribute to a significant reduction in pain levels. The device is perfectly balanced to match the resonance levels of a healthy vagus nerve. By applying the Tuner to various points on the body associated with the vagus nerve, you calm it. The vibration resets the nerve to the peace and calm setting and turns off the fight or flight setting.
Are you ready to turn off some fight or flight patterns and activate your vagus nerve? Start by closing your eyes and taking a deep breath in for a count of 4, holding for a count of 2, and slowly releasing for a count of 8. Repeating this simple exercise 5-10 times activates the vagus nerve and allows the mind to relax, stimulating calm and healing throughout the body. We recommend using the breathing exercises below along with humming or vocalization as you try these techniques for yourself.
Rezzimax Tuner Pro II Techniques and Results
Vagus Nerve Activation and Full Body Relaxation
• Taking a lying or seated position, choose your favorite tuner setting and vibration, (we recommend white or blue for relaxation and green or red for stimulation) and place the Tuner Pro II under the neck at the base of the occipital ridge.
• Use humming or breath-work to stimulate the vagus nerve.
• Lay or sit for between 5-30 minutes or until ready to release the position.
• Repeat as needed for relaxation, tension release in the head, neck, and shoulders, or Trauma release.
TMJ Muscle Tension Release
The temporomandibular joint or TMJ helps with many daily activities including chewing and talking. Tension in the TMJ can contribute to headaches, neck pain, and feelings of stress, anxiety, or worry.
• Set the tuner to your favorite setting, (we recommend starting with green for this exercise)
• Place the tongs (covered with a new plastic glove) inside the mouth, flush with the cheeks outside the jaw bone.
•Rest the tip of the tongs at the back of the mouth, where the jaw hinges to open or close. Slowly open and close the mouth, or move the Rezzimax up and down while humming for one cycle.
• Repeat procedure on the inside of the jaw bone. Remove the glove and place tongs on the outer joint of the jaw and repeat the inner jaw procedure outside.
Full Body sweep with the Tuner
This procedure allows the entire body to relax and reset and can be done on yourself, or with a friend.
• Placing the Rezzimax Tuner Pro on either green or white setting, use the wings to gently scrape, starting at the neck and moving down the inner arm to the tips of the fingers
- Slowly make your way back up the outer arm to the neck. Once there, repeat on the other side. Once both sides are completed, lay the Rezzimax Tuner Pro II flat on the forehead and run the Rezzimax from the base of the head to the tailbone.
- Run the Rezzimax down the back of one leg and up the front. Repeat along the other leg.
- Take the Rezzimax in a flat position and run up one side to the armpit, down the center of the front of the body, and up the other side to the armpit.
- End with the Rezzimax on the chest, tip or tongs resting at the collar bone.
- Remember to hum through this full body resonance experience.
For double the relaxation, place one Rezzimax Tuner at the head or underneath the neck at the occipital bone and one either between the feet or on the soles of both feet, close your eyes and hum, allowing the body to relax and float in the healing resonance of the Rezzimax Tuner Pro II.
Thanks for sharing this journey with us and the Rezzimax team. To learn more about our services and how we use the Rezzimax Tuner Pro II, visit our website at www.risebodyworkandmassagetherapy.com or shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We hope to see you there.